Steps for Registering your LIC Policy online
First Time Registration
- Go to LIC website --> "www.licindia.in"
- Near the Mid Right Hand side, you will find a button with the label "LIC's e-services". (This button was previously called "Online Services", "Portal Services", etc. So the name could change).
- You will be taken to another page with two buttons - "Registered User" and "New User". Click on "New User" if this is the first time you are enrolling a policy on LIC Site.
- You will be taken to a page with a few fields like Policy Number, Date of Birth, etc. Enter all the requested information, check on the confirmation box and click on proceed.
- Enter the requested information,
- After you enroll your policy, you will get a confirmation message. Take a print out of this, verify the details, sign it and submit it at your home branch office (the office where you have taken the policy). Your LIC Agent / Advisor will be able to help you with this process.
Additional Policy Registration
On step 3 above, click on "Registered User" and enter your user id and password.
After you login, look for a button on the Left hand side with the label "Enroll New Policy". Click on this button and you will be able to enroll all your policies online.
After you enroll all your policies, you will get a confirmation message. Take a print out of this, verify the details, sign it and submit it at your home branch office (the office where you have taken the policy). Your LIC Agent / Advisor will be able to help you with this process.
Why Register your Policy Online?The following are some advantages of registering your policy online
- You can have all policy information in one place.
- You can pay your premiums online with minimal steps through online banking channels. (Credit Cards incur a convenience charge)
- You get reminders for premium payments.
- You can avail of a few services online, one of them being the provision to change your communication address.
- You can get an easy estimate of the vested bonuses and amount of loan you can avail on a policy